Holiday Seasons are a great reason to come together for fancy cocktails! These three are my favorites for winter months, and especially perfect for the upcoming Christmas and New Years days! Cheers!
SPARKLING PEAR & POMEGRANATE SANGRIA
THE WINTER FLAVORS OF THIS SPARKLING SANGRIA MAKE IT PERFECT FOR HOLIDAY PARTIES.
- 1 large Bartlett pear, cut in half and seeded
- 1 medium navel orange
- ¼ cup (50 mL) maple syrup
- ½ cup (125 mL) pomegranate seeds
- ½ cup (125 mL) spiced rum
- 1 bottle (750 mL) sauvignon blanc
- 3 cups (710 mL) ginger ale
- 4 cups (1 L) ice
- Slice the pear using the Quick Slice; place the slices into the Quick-Stir® Pitcher. Slice the orange into quarter rounds; place them into the pitcher.
- Add the syrup, pomegranate seeds, rum, and wine. Plunge to mix and let stand in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- When ready to serve, add the ginger ale and plunge gently to combine. Pour the sangria into chilled glasses filled with ice. Top with some of the fruit, if desired.
APPLE CIDER BOURBON COCKTAIL
IT’S THE BEST PARTS OF A CARAMEL APPLE IN A RICH, CREAMY ADULT BEVERAGE.
- 1 oz. (30 mL) cinnamon brown sugar simple syrup (see cook’s tip)
- 2 oz. (60 mL) bourbon
- 1 oz. (30 mL) half & half
- 4 oz. (125 mL) apple cider
- 2 cups (500 mL) ice, divided
- Optional: apple slices, cinnamon stick, caramel
- Add the simple syrup, bourbon, half & half, and cider to the large cup of the Cocktail Shaker.
- Add 1 cup (250 mL) of the ice to the large cup, seal the shaker, and shake vigorously.
- To serve, add 1 tbsp (15 mL) of caramel to the bottom of a chilled glass and fill with ice. Use the Cocktail Strainer to strain into the glass. Garnish the glass with an apple slice, drizzle of caramel, and a cinnamon stick.
Cinnamon Brown Sugar Simple Syrup:
- ½ cup (125 mL) light brown sugar
- ⅛ (0.5 mL) ground cinnamon
- ½ cup (125 mL) water
- Combine the sugar, cinnamon, and water in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer, uncovered, over medium heat.
- When the sugar dissolves, remove the pan from the heat, cover, and let the syrup stand for 10 minutes.
- Let the syrup cool completely before using. Store, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 6 months.
THIS SIMPLE, SPARKLING BEVERAGE IS PERFECT FOR ANY HOLIDAY. MAKE A COCKTAIL OR MOCKTAIL FOR ONE OR A CROWD!
|FOR ONE COCKTAIL||FOR 8 COCKTAILS|
|10 fresh cranberries1 oz. (30 mL) rosemary simple syrup (see cook’s tip)1 oz. (30 mL) lemon juice2 oz. (30 mL) gin2 cups (500 mL) ice, divided4 oz. (125 mL) sparkling water1 sprig rosemary||80 fresh cranberries (about ⅔ cup/150 mL)1 cup (250 mL) rosemary simple syrup (see cook’s tip)1 cup (250 mL) lemon juice2 cups (500 mL) gin16 cups (4 L) ice, divided4 cups (1 L) sparkling water8 sprigs rosemary|
|• Add the cranberries to the large cup of the Cocktail Shaker and use the Muddler to crush them.• Add the simple syrup, lemon juice, and gin.• Add 1 cup (250 mL) of the ice to the large cup, seal the shaker, and shake vigorously.||• Add the cranberries to a large pitcher and use the Muddler to crush them. Add the simple syrup, lemon juice, and gin.• When ready to serve, add up to 12 oz. (350 mL) of the mixture to the large cup of the Cocktail Shaker.• Add 1 cup (250 mL) of the ice to the large cup, seal the shaker, and shake vigorously.|
- Use the Cocktail Strainer to strain into a chilled glass(s), top with sparkling water, and garnish with a rosemary sprig(s).
To make this into a mocktail, omit the gin and top with more sparkling water. You can also substitute vodka for the gin, if you prefer.
Rosemary Simple Syrup:
- 2 cups (500 mL) water
- 2 cups (500 mL) sugar
- 4–5 sprigs rosemary
Combine the water and sugar in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat.
When the sugar dissolves, remove the pan from the heat, add the rosemary, cover and let the rosemary steep for 10 minutes. Let the syrup cool completely before using. Store, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 6 months.
Enjoy and Happy Holidays!!!!