Do you ever get tired of basic chicken recipes? We have done a lot of grilling this summer (which is good and fun, but we were tired of the usual grilled chicken and needed a break) These turned out really well, I recommend trying them! This recipe can easily be adjusted for personal taste. Like them spicier? Add more peppers. Need gluten free, use GF breadcrumbs (or ditch them all together!). Depending on your health or budget goals, so many sides would be great with this. I did simple frozen mixed vegetables and they complimented the dish well. I can only imagine how good mashed potatoes would be! This recipe along with the others published this week, will be part of an all encompassing post and grocery list at the end of the week. So, for those who wish to do so – you can tie it all together with a grocery list and prices in case you want to give this and the rest a try!
- 2 slices center cut bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3 jalapeños, chopped (remove seeds for milder or leave in for spicy)
- 3 oz 1/3 less fat cream cheese, softened
- 4 oz reduced fat shredded cheese (cheddar, Mexican, cheddar jack – whatever you prefer)
- 2 tbsp chopped scallions
- 8-10 thin sliced skinless chicken breast cutlets (depending on size)
- 1/2 cup Italian seasoned whole wheat breadcrumbs, or GF crumbs if you prefer that option.
- 1 1/2 fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Adobo Seasoning (or plain salt) and pepper
- olive oil or preferred non-stick spray
Let’s Do This!
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Season chicken with Adobo seasoning and pepper (or preferred seasonings).
- Spray a baking dish with a thin layer of non-stick spray. (I use a baking stone) – https://www.pamperedchef.com/pws/khilton619/shop/Cookware+%26+Bakeware/Stoneware/Rectangle+Stone/100280
- Combine cream cheese, cheddar, scallions, jalapeño and bacon crumbles in a medium bowl. I personally like using the small mix n’ scraper to make it easier. https://www.pamperedchef.com/pws/khilton619/shop/Favorites/Favorites/Small+Mix+%27N+Scraper/1659
- Arrange chicken cutlets on a working surface and spread 2 tbsp of cream cheese mixture on each cutlet.
- Loosely roll each piece, use toothpicks to prevent the cheese from melting out during baking.
- Place breadcrumbs in a bowl; in a second bowl combine olive oil, lime juice, salt and pepper. Using breading trays makes it much more simple – I actually used these: https://www.pamperedchef.com/pws/khilton619/shop/Kitchen+Tools/Food+Prep/Coating+Trays+%26+Tongs/100577
- Dip chicken in lime-oil mixture, then in breadcrumbs and place seam side down on a baking dish. Repeat with the remaining chicken.
- When finished, lightly spray the top of the chicken with oil spray.
- Bake 22-25 minutes, serve immediately.
Tools I Used – Not necessary but definitely makes it easier!
- Small Mix N Scrape: https://www.pamperedchef.com/pws/khilton619/shop/Favorites/Favorites/Small+Mix+%27N+Scraper/1659
- Rectangle Stone: https://www.pamperedchef.com/pws/khilton619/shop/Cookware+%26+Bakeware/Stoneware/Rectangle+Stone/100280
- Batter Bowl: https://www.pamperedchef.com/pws/khilton619/shop/Gifts/Under+%2425/Classic+Batter+Bowl/2431
- Coating Trays & Tongs: https://www.pamperedchef.com/pws/khilton619/shop/Kitchen+Tools/Food+Prep/Coating+Trays+%26+Tongs/100577
- Citrus Press: https://www.pamperedchef.com/pws/khilton619/shop/Kitchen+Tools/Food+Prep/Citrus+Press/2595
Serving: 2stuffed breasts, Calories: 371kcal